Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2012/07/24 22:03:33 UTC

upgrade of PostgreSQL version 8.4,2 to .12 caues connection problem.

PostgreSQL version 8.4.12 does not support 127.0.0.1 or localhost.
they use 127.0.0.1/32 in allowed host.
my entityengine.xml setting no longer work.
I am still working on a solution.

Solved upgrade of PostgreSQL version 8.4,2 to .12 caues connection problem.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
it was a combination of two things.
the up grade to 8.4.12 does not use localhost. only host IP address for TCP
netstat -nlp | grep 5432
tcp        0      0 xx.xx.xxx.32:5432           0.0.0.0:*
     LISTEN      2699/postmaster
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     9964   2699/postmaster
     /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
.
next centos 5.8 no longer allows 127.0.1 without it being put in
firewall for both source and destination as well as port.

Rajbir Saini sent the following on 7/24/2012 8:49 PM:

Re: upgrade of PostgreSQL version 8.4,2 to .12 caues connection problem.

Posted by Rajbir Saini <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>