Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Lincoln Atkinson <la...@microsoft.com> on 2015/07/13 20:06:46 UTC

Language support for Spark libraries

I'm still getting acquainted with the Spark ecosystem, and wanted to make sure my understanding of the different API layers is correct.

Is this an accurate picture of the major API layers, and their associated client support?

Thanks,
-Lincoln

Spark Core:

-          Scala

-          Java

-          Python

-          R

MLLib

-          Scala

-          Java

-          Python

GraphX

-          Scala

-          Java

SparkSQL

-          Scala

-          Java

-          Python

Re: Language support for Spark libraries

Posted by Davies Liu <da...@databricks.com>.
On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Lincoln Atkinson <la...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I’m still getting acquainted with the Spark ecosystem, and wanted to make
> sure my understanding of the different API layers is correct.
>

> Is this an accurate picture of the major API layers, and their associated
> client support?
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Lincoln
>

> Spark Core:

This should be SQL, right now the R API for Spark Core is not public.