Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sebastien LEDUC <se...@st.com> on 2006/09/06 15:34:31 UTC

reverting a property

Hi,
Is there a way to revert only a specific property set on a file or
directory?

Thanks in advance
Sebastien

Re: reverting a property

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Sebastien LEDUC wrote:
> "svn propdel" will remove the property, so this is not what I want.
> we use a script which uses properties to track merges between branches.
> After merging, the script needs to restore the value of the property
> before the merge.
> The method used for the moment is to get the value of the property, do
> the merge, and then set the saved value to restore it to its original
> state.
>
> What would be nice would be to be able to use svn revert to undo the
> modification of the property

Revert will revert the property change, but also revert any content changes if
you have the property on a file.

If the script your talking about is not svnmerge.py, then you may want to
consider moving over to this tool on any new branches.

http://www.orcaware.com/svn/wiki/index.php/Svnmerge.py

It's being maintained by several people, including me, and there's an active
mailing list for development of it, so you'll spend less development time on it.
  It's also used on the Subversion repository itself.

Also, I imagine, that when svn itself includes a merge tracking feature,
somebody will write an import tool for svnmerge.py into the final version.

Regards,
Blair

Re: reverting a property

Posted by Sebastien LEDUC <se...@st.com>.

Re: reverting a property

Posted by Andreas Schweigstill <an...@schweigstill.de>.
Hi!

Sebastien LEDUC schrieb:
> Is there a way to revert only a specific property set on a file or
> directory?

svn propdel

Andreas

--