Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Punte <st...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/06 00:47:42 UTC

A SOAP Transformer?

Dear Cocoon Users:

  Does it make sense that a "SOAP Transformer"
  could be added to the Cocoon arsenal?

  An incoming XML doc would contain the URL of
  the web service to be accessed, perhaps
  also necessary authentication information,
  and the SOAP body.  The SOAP Transformer
  would simply send the message, and insert
  the response into the document stream.

  Does this make sense as a useful component?
  Or are there some hidden issues that would
  introduce complexity?

  Steve Punte
  stevep@candlelightsoftware.com

http://health.yahoo.com

Re: A SOAP Transformer?

Posted by re...@gmx.net.
Steve,

I would be very interested in a "SOAP Transformer".

I think it would be a very useful component - but at the moment I'm not sure
too if there are some hidden issues.

I think we should work together!

Reinhard

http://www.gmx.net

Re: A SOAP Transformer?

Posted by Andreas Kuehne <ak...@yahoo.com>.
Dear Steven,

>   Does it make sense that a "SOAP Transformer"
>   could be added to the Cocoon arsenal?
>
>   An incoming XML doc would contain the URL of
>   the web service to be accessed, perhaps
>   also necessary authentication information,
>   and the SOAP body.  The SOAP Transformer
>   would simply send the message, and insert
>   the response into the document stream.

that's an absolutely necessary component ! I always think that Cocoon could be more than just a
stupid html-izer. With such components like a SOAP Transformer it could raise to an elegant / open
sourced integration platform !

BTW: Is anyone intersted in an EDIFACT Transformer ?

Greetings

andreas k.

http://health.yahoo.com