Posted to users@solr.apache.org by "Cuvillier, Damien (RTS)" <Da...@rts.ch> on 2024/01/12 16:27:41 UTC

hl.preserveMulti on specific field

Hi all

I'm using SolR for searching documents provided with numbers of metadata. (in average, more than 2 Mb per document) I'm focused on optimizing data amount to transfer, due to performance issue.
On query parameters, I'm using

  1.  fl: to specifiy a few fields that I always need
  2.  hl.fl for also this main fields, but also for additional fields on which I want data only if they contain requested text.

To preserve integrity and merge highlighted data with returned documents, I use hl.preserveMulti. (the only way I've found to recover which highlighted value to linked to raw original value)

  *   That works perfectly for main fields (1)
  *   But in my second (2) case, it returns too many useless data

I'm wondering if I can specify hl.preserveMulti=true only for main fields, and set it to false on extra fields.
I have not found anything in documentation about highlighting<https://solr.apache.org/guide/7_1/highlighting.html>

Regards
Damien