Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/09/01 06:10:36 UTC

proxy_log_uerror()

Any reason that the Proxy module has it's own logging function?
I'm going to replace it with aplog_error() unless someone stops me.

I'd like to next take a pass through the server and replace
fprintf() logging calls as well.

-Randy

Re: proxy_log_uerror()

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> I'd like to next take a pass through the server and replace
> fprintf() logging calls as well.

A quick look at the code doesn't convince me that it does the right thing
early in startup before logs are setup.  There are a few areas where you
have to be very careful.  While changing the current behavior is
desirable, it needs to be done with caution.