Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by huaxiang <hu...@asiainfo-linkage.com> on 2012/09/09 12:41:14 UTC

scan a table with 2 column families.

Hi,

  If a table has two column families, Each stored in a store file in a
region in a regionserver.

  what is process will be a "scan" for "value"s  in these two column
families?

  For example, I want to scan jack's health1:height and health2:weight, each
in a differenet column family.

   First scan height1 in one "store" file, then scan weight in another
"store" file? Then merge these two scan results?

Thanks!

huaxiang

Re: scan a table with 2 column families.

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Hi there, the scan will merge the results between the CFsŠ   for more
information see these two chapters in the HBase RefGuide.

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#datamodel

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#mapreduce