Posted to users@camel.apache.org by akcameluser <ay...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/14 17:16:55 UTC

Consuming from an FTP windows

Hi

I have camel osgi bundle running on a serviceMix (linux box). It has an
endpoint to consume from a windows ftp server and it doesn't seem to work.
See how the endpoint looks like below - I have tried different combinations
but it doesn't seem to work.

The zip file I am after to consume is located in E:\ftproot\hotfolder. I
tried to consume from a linux ftp server and the below endpoint works just
fine.

Can anyone help me construct the endpoint to consume from a windows machine?
I believe the windows machine has vsftpd installed.

For Windows

ftp.url.xps.in=ftp://user@hostname//E:/ftproot/hotfolder?password=********&binary=true&maximumReconnectAttempts=2&reconnectDelay=3000&delete=true&consumer.delay=50&doneFileName=${file:name.noext}.done&separator=Windows

For Linux

ftp.url.xps.in=sftp://user@hostanme//usr/fs/hotfolder?password=xxxxxx&binary=true&maximumReconnectAttempts=2&reconnectDelay=3000&move=.done&consumer.delay=50&doneFileName=${file:name.noext}.done

Re: Consuming from an FTP windows

Posted by akcameluser <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hi Barerel

Thank you for your comment. Actually, the thread you have provided helped me
in constructing the directory path. I also found out that I was using an
external IP address as opposed to an internal one cause the camel component
is running internally.

Many thanks

Re: Consuming from an FTP windows

Posted by barrel <ba...@nauta.be>.
The test used in the following thread:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Polling-in-subfolder-with-sftp-fail-camel-2-10-4-td5728836.html
is performed on a windows machine, using freeftpd

What does the console output say when you try to connect? Are you sure that
you are polling the right folder for the right user? As example: the
ftp-root of freeftpd has a dedicated subdirectory for users that connect
(sub-directory being the name of the user)