Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by David Sills <DS...@datasourceinc.com> on 2011/06/03 13:19:53 UTC

Spring autowiring

All:

I have been using the CXF non-Spring servlet and am now moving to the
CXF Spring servlet. I'm not completely familiar with Spring's autowiring
capabilities, but is there a way of adding a new web service to my
server without explicitly modifying the Spring configuration? In other
words, I'd like to be able to add a new web service by simply dropping
it in, either reading configuration information from an XML in the JAR
file or by reading annotations.

Has anyone tried something like this and gotten it to work?

Thanks!

David Sills

RE: Spring autowiring

Posted by David Sills <DS...@datasourceinc.com>.
Christian:

Thanks, I wasn't looking for hot deploy, however. I was simply looking to be able to auto-discover web services when the server starts up, so that I could

1. Drop a JAR file into WEB-INF/lib
2. Restart the server

without having to modify the Spring configuration file. Can this be done? I could include additional Spring configuration in an XML file in the META-INF directory of the JAR, or perhaps annotate the classes in some way, or so I was thinking.

David

You can drop a war file in a Servlet Container  or a bundle jar into Karaf. This will make it execute without restarting the server.

Spring or CXF do are no containers so they do not offer direct support for hot deploy.

Christian

AW: Spring autowiring

Posted by Christian Schneider <cs...@talend.com>.