Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Cugini, Thomas" <Th...@bmc.com> on 2000/12/01 00:13:39 UTC

Trouble building mod_jk.so on Solaris2.8

Use the following command to build w/

apxs -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include
-I/usr/java/include/solaris -c *.c ../jk/*.c

all the objects build fine, when it goes to build the shared object I get
the following error:

apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=255

Any help will be appreciated,

Re: Trouble building mod_jk.so on Solaris2.8

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Cugini, Thomas <Th...@bmc.com> wrote:

> Use the following command to build w/
>
> apxs -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include
> -I/usr/java/include/solaris -c *.c ../jk/*.c
>
> all the objects build fine, when it goes to build the shared object I get
> the following error:
>
> apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=255
>
> Any help will be appreciated,

Is that the only output out of apxs? Weird! Try doing

apxs -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include \
   -I/usr/java/include/solaris -c *.c ../jk/*.c 2>&1 | tee log.txt

And send out the log.txt file that gets generated...

    Pier

--
Pier P. Fumagalli  Apache Software Foundation  <ma...@betaversion.org>
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur,

Re: Trouble building mod_jk.so on Solaris2.8

Posted by Alex Sanderson <al...@duke-interactive.com>.
I posted this ages ago, maybe it will help.

I had an annoying time getting the mod_jk to compile under an out-of-the-box Solaris 7 sparc.  I was using JSDK 1.3 and apache 1.3.12.
The module compiles perfectly with the howto's command line but apache gives an error saying

Cannot load libexec/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file libexec/mod_jk.so: fdatasync: referenced symbol not found

Anyway after wading through newsgroup messages I discovered that the posix4 library was referenced and that is where fdatasync is. The module will only load with the following command line.

apxs -c -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/solaris -l posix4 *.c ../jk/*.c

Hope this helps someone.
Alex

Re: Trouble building mod_jk.so on Solaris2.8

Posted by ch...@einfachanders.de.
I ran into the same Problem on Linux (SuSE 7.0)
I build and installed Apache 1.3.14 into /usr/local/apache, but left
the existing SuSE Apache in /usr/local/httpd. While following the instructions
in the mod_jk HOW-TO i used the apxs command. But this executed, of course
the build for the SuSE Apache 1.2. The resulting mod_jk.so did not work
with the new Apache (I've not tried the old one yet). So in my second
attempt i used /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs instead and got the
same epxs:Break:Command failed with rc=255.