Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brendan Pratt <bp...@overflow.net.au> on 2003/12/30 02:18:38 UTC

[users@httpd] ~user access forbidden

Hi,

I've just moved my users homepages over to a different box here running
Apache 1.3.27 with PHP 4.3.0 , and are now getting the following error :-

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~username/index.html on this server.

----------
Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.overflow.net.au Port 80

I've gone through and effectively made a carbon copy of httpd.conf on to
this server, even copied the executables across to it, but it still comes
up with this same error.

The Apache logs aren't telling me anything at all other than 403 .... user
directories are chmod -R 755 in desperation !:)

# uname -a
Linux snowy 2.4.21 #1 Thu Jul 24 19:01:21 EST 2003 i686 unknown

Your help would be appreciated !

Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] ~user access forbidden

Posted by Brendan Pratt <bp...@overflow.net.au>.
At 11:33 AM 30/12/03, you wrote:
>Does the new box's Apache have mod_user dir installed and configured
>correctly?

When I load up a page which has <?phpinfo> in it, it displays the following :-

Loaded Modules mod_php4, mod_setenvif, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_alias,
mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir,
mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime,
mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

... and as you can see it shows mod_userdir in there.

It was one of the first things I checked out before I made my post, but
definately worth pointing out in case I didn't have it.

Re: [users@httpd] ~user access forbidden

Posted by Jerry Ford <jf...@katzenjammer.us>.