Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/01 00:22:34 UTC

rolling upgrades to Karaf/Cellar

what is the best practice for rolling upgrades for a cluster of Karaf
servers?  I mean to say that we have 2 nodes in the cluster and we want to
update/upgrade software on server 1 but keep server 2 on the previous
version temporarily until everything is stable with the upgrade on server 1
then upgrade server 2.

If we are using Cellar, the config, features and bundles will be always
replicated as long as both servers are running.

Also, what exactly is handling the failover for karaf instances in a
cluster?  Is it Karaf itself, cellar or hazelcast, or the software/hardware
load balancer?  thx.

Re: rolling upgrades to Karaf/Cellar

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
Please add a link on this page to the Cellar clustering user guide:

http://karaf.apache.org/index/subprojects/cellar.html
<http://karaf.apache.org/index/subprojects/cellar.html>