Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by F21 <f2...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/17 11:31:36 UTC

Is it possible to run the phoenix query server on a machine other than the regionservers?

I have successfully deployed phoenix and the phoenix query server into a
toy HBase cluster.

I am currently running the http query server on all regionserver,
however I think it would be much better if I can run the http query
servers on separate docker containers or machines. This way, I can
easily scale the number of query servers and put them against a DNS name
such as phoenix.mycompany.internal.

I've had a look at the configuration, but it seems to be heavily tied to
HBase. For example, it requires the HBASE_CONF_DIR environment variable
to be set.

Is this something that's currently possible?

Re: Is it possible to run the phoenix query server on a machine other than the regionservers?

Posted by rafa <ra...@gmail.com>.
think so. Copy the hbase-site.xml from the cluster into the new query
Server machine and set the directory where the xml resides in the classpath
of the Query Server. That should be enough,

Regards
rafa

Posted by F21 <f2...@gmail.com>.
Hey Rafa,