Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by leborgnelaurent <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/03 17:55:29 UTC

Open office some companies are racketting

Hello

We want to inform you, the following

As we wanted to download Openoffice  on our new PC( with windows 8)
we were asked  to use a SMS   number  and  we were charged  of 9
Euros...but nothing  happenened

A week after,we  finally  find the right  website ( your site)  and were
happy to successfully download your software

My personnal conclusion, is that some one is making easy profit with your
name

I m not so sure of the website but you can here find the telephon number we
were ask to call  082161 07 53   ( calling from France)
the adress mail ( given by the SMS )   is  fr@smsinf.net

Laurent Leborgne

France

Re: Open office some companies are racketting

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM, FR web forum <oo...@free.fr> wrote:
> We know that.
> On the french forum, you can follow this thread about para-sites:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8137
> Ending: the only place to download openoffice is its official website

If you have any examples of current URL's that are doing this, please
send the information to private@openoffice.apache.org and we can
investigate further.

Thanks!

-Rob