Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Giovanni Azua <br...@swissonline.ch> on 2008/06/24 21:11:18 UTC

Jazoon 08 conference wo/Struts 2 :(

Hi,

I attended today the Jazoon conference here in Zurich and there were no
Struts2 presentations... pity :( ... maybe next year?
http://jazoon.com/en.html

There were many interesting topics covered e.g. Ajax push framework
<http://www.icefaces.org/> where different parts of a page are rendered
using AJAX without an explicit request initiated from the page i.e. the web
server proactively pushing the data onto the specific client page. I
actually recently needed such pattern but could only implement it in Struts2
by means of inefficient periodic polling using the Dojo remote div.

Regards,
Giovanni

Re: Jazoon 08 conference wo/Struts 2 :(

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
I think DWR implements this (comet right?) very nicely, check it out.

musachy

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.
I was thinking about submitting a talk for Jazoon - not sure what
happened, I think the deadline passed before I realized (and the
deadline, from what I remember, was really early - maybe 7 months before).

/Ian