Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/09 23:41:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Patch available backlog

I was checking the issues on jira and I realized that we have currently 76 patch available issues. This is a fairly large number and I'd like some help to get that number down. One way is to split issues among the folks willing to review patches. It would be great to have committers signing up to review patches, but we can definitely get contributors helping with the reviews and I actually encourage reviews from contributors as well.

To split the load, one idea is to set up an hour or two for us to be simultaneously on irc to discuss the split and any contention on issues. But, if this idea doesn't work, I would be very happy to hear alternatives. Ultimately I'm interested in making progress with the patches submitted.

If you agree with the idea of being on irc, please share some slots that suit you.

Thanks,
-Flavio

Re: [DISCUSS] Patch available backlog

Posted by German Blanco <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
although I am not sure whether I can be considered a "contributor", since I
haven't added anything yet, I am willing to review patches if it is of any
help.
I have been looking at the code for some months now, specially the server
part.
Irc is ok with me.
Monday and Tuesday next week I will be busy during CET 8 to 18. Otherwise
any time (although I understand that my attendance may not be that relevant
:-)
Regards,
Germán.

Posted by FPJ <fp...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the feedback so far. The specific patches you people brought up
are fine with me, they look like important new features and I'd be happy to
have them in. I'm more concerned about the backlog problem in general,
though. There are patches that have been sitting there for a long time and
it would be nice to get to a resolution of what to do with them, not
necessarily committing.

The irc idea was simply to make it easier for people to coordinate on what
to review and such, but it sounds like it didn't get a lot of traction, so I
suggest we don't do that for now. I'll try to use irc more, though, in the
case anyone is interested in a discussion. For the ones willing to do
reviews, I'd suggest  to go over the list of patch availables on jira and
pick the ones you'd feel comfortable reviewing. This is a hint more for the
people new to the community like German, since many people here already know
the procedure.

I'll also go over the list and poke people explicitly, I hope you don't
mind.

-Flavio

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.