Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jl...@gmail.com on 2009/04/26 10:58:10 UTC

Question about MoreLikeThis

Hi, I have a question about what MoreLikeThis means - I suppose
it means "get more documents that are similar to _this_ document".
So I expect the query always take a known document as argument.
I wonder how I should interpret this query:

http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=apache&mlt=true&mlt.fl=manu,cat&mlt.mindf=1&mlt.mintf=1&fl=id,score

It doesn't seem to specify a document. So what's the "This" in
MoreLikeThis in this case? Or, "this" means something else, and
not a document?

Re: Fwd: Question about MoreLikeThis

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

Well, if you want documents similar to a specific document, then just make sure the query ("q") matches that one document.  You can do that by using the uniqueKey field in the query, e.g. q=id:123 .  Then you will get documents similar to that one document that matched your id:123 query.

Otis

Posted by jl...@gmail.com.