Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Murray <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2001/05/02 09:34:08 UTC

Boycott Virtual Hosts for China

Or don't, but please post or point me to some real-world or more complete virtual host setup
examples than can be found in
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html

Sorry about the title.  I couldn't help but notice that my on-topic request received zero replies
while the 'Boycott China' message received dozens, and when in Rome...

It's a curious constant in mailing lists that some people attempt to reduce off-topic traffic by
adding to it.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: Boycott Virtual Hosts for China

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Wed, 2 May 2001, Brian Murray wrote:

> Or don't, but please post or point me to some real-world or more
> complete virtual host setup examples than can be found in
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html
>
> Sorry about the title.  I couldn't help but notice that my on-topic
> request received zero replies while the 'Boycott China' message
> received dozens, and when in Rome...
>
> It's a curious constant in mailing lists that some people attempt to
> reduce off-topic traffic by adding to it.

"Sometimes you must chop off a finger to save the hand".  Heard that
on the old Kung Fu western series, but don't know if it's really
Chinese (to try to relate it to the thread).

Alternatively, "sometimes you must take a step backwards to go forwards".

So, not really so curious as you suggest.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu