Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Eric Pai <er...@hotmail.com> on 2022/10/26 08:38:35 UTC

答复: Changes on grammar of CREATE FUNCTION

Hi,

1.     Can USING clause be optional, which is compatible with older versions? Without using this clause means that IoTDB will search the class in the default ext/udf directory.

2.     The ‘jarLocation’defined in .g4 file is as follow:

USING ((FILE fileName=STRING_LITERAL) | URI uri)

I think it can be unified by ‘USING uri=uri’, and your example will be

create function TEST as 'org.apache.iotdb.udf.example.Test' using 'file:///Users/xxx/Desktop/Test.jar'

As the file absolute path can be considered to a kind of URI.

发件人: 廖兰宇 <18...@smail.nju.edu.cn>
日期: 星期三, 2022年10月26日 16:29
收件人: dev <de...@iotdb.apache.org>
主题: Changes on grammar of CREATE FUNCTION
Hi everybody,

In previous version, we need DBA to put JAR in specified direcotry manually before using CREATE FUNCTION grammar to create a UDF. We think its better to specify the file path of the JAR and let the cluster to transfer the JAR file, so we changed the grammar of the CREATE FUNCTION.

For example, to create a UDF named TEST using a JAR file on your desktop, you may use the following SQL:

create function TEST as 'org.apache.iotdb.udf.example.Test' using FILE '/Users/xxx/Desktop/Test.jar'

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Best,

Lanyu Liao

School of Software, Tsinghua University