Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com> on 2008/08/14 17:08:53 UTC

Re: Please reply on Xalan cryptography question

Hi, Brian

Thanks for reminding me.

I haven't seen any part of Xalan, either source code, or binaries that we
distribute, that have any cryptographic code

Thanks,

Christine Li
XML Transformation
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM
14/08/2008 10:59 AM

Christine Li/Toronto/IBM, Dmitry Hayes/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc

Subject
Please reply on Xalan cryptography question

Christine, Dmitry:
I sent a note to the xalan mailing lists, only you two PMC members of
Xalan have not replied.
If you could do so ASAP please, then I can craft a note to the Apache
board for the report that is now due.

Reply to me and cc xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

 Fellow PMC members, the Apache board sent me a note recently which
 included this paragraph:
 <<
 For the coming board report, the board and legal committee would much
 appreciate your project reviewing the crypto export policy spelled out
 at http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html to determine that the project
 either either no encryption considerations, or if notices must be (or had
 been) sent to the BIS and NSA, they have been documented at the official
 location http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ for all encryption
 elements within the oversite of this PMC.  Adding a status item on the
 board report will help the legal committee to ensure this oversight has
 been applied across the foundation.

 I am not aware of any part of Xalan, either source code, or binaries
 that we distribute, that
 have any cryptographic code. Do you PMC members concur on that?

Re: Please reply on Xalan cryptography question

Posted by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Brian!
The same about me.

With my new professional responsibilites , unfortunatuly  I don't have
enouph time that I could dedicate to work in XMP PMC.
I'd like to resign from the PMC .
Thanks,
Dmitry
=================
Dmitry Hayes
DB2 Continuing Engineering Development
IBM Software Development Lab, Office C4-422
Phone: (905) 413-3820  Email: dmitryh@ca.ibm.com

Christine Li/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
14/08/2008 11:08 AM
Please respond to