Posted to users@apex.apache.org by "Feldkamp, Brandon (CONT)" <Br...@capitalone.com> on 2016/11/10 02:09:38 UTC

error with AbstractFileOutputOperator rolling files from tmp

Hello,

I’m seeing this error:

hdfs://.../output/application_1478724068939_0002/application_1478724068939_0002/output.txt.0.1478726546727.tmp
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$19.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1219)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$19.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1211)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:1211)
    at com.datatorrent.lib.io.fs.AbstractFileOutputOperator.setup(AbstractFileOutputOperator.java:411)
    ... 6 more

For some reason “application_1478724068939_0002” is being added to the path twice. Any idea why this could be happening?

This is how we set up the path in our FileOutputOperator which extends AbstractFileOutputOperator

@Override
public void setup(Context.OperatorContext context) {
  …

  //create directories based on application_id
  String applicationId = context.getValue(Context.DAGContext.APPLICATION_ID);
  setFilePath((getFilePath()+"/"+applicationId));

…

  super.setup(context);
}

Re: error with AbstractFileOutputOperator rolling files from tmp

Posted by "Feldkamp, Brandon (CONT)" <Br...@capitalone.com>.
That’s what I was afraid of!

We did something similar (set a Boolean flag to mark when the file path was set).

Thanks for everyone’s help!

From: Munagala Ramanath <ra...@datatorrent.com>
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 10:16 AM
To: "users@apex.apache.org" <us...@apex.apache.org>
Subject: Re: error with AbstractFileOutputOperator rolling files from tmp

The application id is not known until the application starts running so that kind of substitution
likely won't be possible.

Can you not simply check if filePath already ends with the application id before appending ? e.g. :

String appid = Context.OperatorContext.getValue(Context.DAGContext.APPLICATION_ID);
if (! filePath.endsWith(appid)) filePath = filePath + "/" + appid)

Ram

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 5:34 AM, Feldkamp, Brandon (CONT) <Br...@capitalone.com>> wrote:
Good point. I’m sure that’s most like what happened.

Is there anyway to reference in the application id in the properties.xml? I tried the following but it didn’t work:

<property>
        <name>dt.operator.fileOut.prop.filePath</name>
        <value>output/${dt.attr.APPLICATION_ID}</value>
    </property>

Thanks!
Brandon

On 11/10/16, 12:33 AM, "Tushar Gosavi" <tu...@datatorrent.com>> wrote:

    was there any failure in the operator or redeploy of the operator? do
    you have any killed container before seeing this error on the
    operator?

    - First initialization of operator correctly set filePath to  filePath
    + "/" + applicationId
      at this stage filePath is set to filePath + "/" + applicationId.

    - If the operator is redeployed again due to upstream operator
    failure, or this operator failure. The setup gets called again, which
    again appends applicationId to
      the last set value of filePath causing applicationId appended twice.

    - Tushar.

Posted by Munagala Ramanath <ra...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by "Feldkamp, Brandon (CONT)" <Br...@capitalone.com>.

Posted by Tushar Gosavi <tu...@datatorrent.com>.