Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2015/09/21 22:49:03 UTC

Release 3.0 merge into trunk

I think the next thing we need to do to make Release 3.0 a reality is to
merge it into the trunk.

If you agree, I would like opinions on the best way to go about it.
Ideally, we will preserve revision history for modules that have moved
from one directory/package to another.

Re: Release 3.0 merge into trunk

Posted by Bryan Thompson <br...@systap.com>.
+1 on moving to git.

+1 on doing this before a 3.0 release if we want to maintain history from
the trunk.

----
Bryan Thompson
Chief Scientist & Founder
SYSTAP, LLC
4501 Tower Road
Greensboro, NC 27410
bryan@systap.com
http://blazegraph.com
http://blog.bigdata.com <http://bigdata.com>
http://mapgraph.io

Blazegraph™ <http://www.blazegraph.com/> is our ultra high-performance
graph database that supports both RDF/SPARQL and Tinkerpop/Blueprints
APIs.  Blazegraph is now available with GPU acceleration using our disruptive
technology to accelerate data-parallel graph analytics and graph query.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and its contents and attachments are
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and are confidential or
proprietary to SYSTAP. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,
dissemination or copying of this email or its contents or attachments is
the sender by reply email and permanently delete all copies of the email

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.
> On Sep 22, 2015, at 1023AM, Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com> wrote:
>
> For now, the current “jtsk/trunk” is an unknown factor as much as “jtsk/skunk/qa-refactor-namespace/trunk”.  I’d suggest renaming “jtsk/trunk” to “jtsk/abandoned” or something, then rename “jtsk/skunk/qa-refactor-namespace/trunk” to “jtsk/trunk” and release from there.  That’s the path of least bikeshedding.

In agreement with you Greg. I’m all for moving to Git, and as you point out there are questions involved with doing that. Lets not get distracted (love the bikeshedding comment!). FWIW, we could also just create river/trunk (as opposed to jtsk/trunk) and move jtsk/skunk/qa-refactor-namespace/trunk there.

Regards

Dennis

Re: Release 3.0 merge into trunk

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.
Just to be clear, I agree with Pat here - stay with svn for the initial 3.0 release.  If someone’s up for the challenge, try to merge qa-refactor-namespace into trunk.  Alternately, just go ahead and replace trunk with qa-refactor-namespace, as I described below.

Greg Trasuk

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Dawid Loubser <da...@travellinck.com>.
I concur, all my work, and clients, have moved to git for the very same
reason.

Dawid

Posted by Bryan Thompson <br...@systap.com>.