Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Dmitry Serebrennikov <dm...@earthlink.net> on 2005/05/27 21:02:36 UTC

JavaONE - anyone going? Last day for "early bird" reg.

Sorry, this is a bit off-topic.
Is anyone else planning to go to the JavaONE conference (June 25-30 San
Francisco, CA)?
By the way, today is the last day to register with the "early bird"
discount.

Regards
Dmitry

Re: Harmony Meetup at JavaOne (Was Re: JavaONE - anyone going? Last day for "early bird" reg.)

Posted by Joel Neely <jo...@gmail.com>.
Breaking out of lurk mode, I'll be at J1 as well, and would be interested in
any (non-prime-time) conversations that get set up -- at least as a fly on
the wall.

-jn-

--
my morning coffee
middle-aged american

Re: Harmony Meetup at JavaOne (Was Re: JavaONE - anyone going? Last day for "early bird" reg.)

Posted by Dmitry Serebrennikov <dm...@earthlink.net>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On May 27, 2005, at 6:52 PM, Dmitry Serebrennikov wrote:
>

>> Daytime on Sunday before the conference works for me, but I'm open
>> otherwise.
>

> I don't understand..  Does this mean Sun day is best, but you are open?
>
> geir

exactly

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On May 27, 2005, at 6:52 PM, Dmitry Serebrennikov wrote:

> I would be interested in dropping by, but don't know how much I can
> contribute in terms of useful ideas and experience :)

Well, come and buy some beer^H^H^H^H architecture...

> I'm just a lowly Java architect/developer working on applications
> here and there. That and some C experience with a strong interest
> in helping out on this VM project.

Well, that's the only requirement.  Lets get together and see what
happens.

geirm@apache.org

Re: Harmony Meetup at JavaOne (Was Re: JavaONE - anyone going? Last day for "early bird" reg.)

Posted by Dmitry Serebrennikov <dm...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
Speaking of JavaOne :

geirm@apache.org

Re: JavaONE - anyone going? Last day for "early bird" reg.

Posted by Simon Chappell <si...@gmail.com>.
Actually, the No Fluff Just Stuff is an amazingly good and inexpensive
Java Seminar that takes place in cities around the United States. I've
been to three of them so far, two as an attendee and the most recent
one as a speaker. There's lots of information at their website:

http://www.nofluffjuststuff.com/index.jsp

and I blogged about it after my last attendance:

http://uab.blogspot.com/2005/03/no-fluff-just-stuff-milwaukee-2005.html

Hope this helps.

Simon

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On May 27, 2005, at 4:55 PM, Dmitry Serebrennikov wrote:

> Simon Chappell wrote:
>

>> Nope. Too expensive, too big, too crowded. I'll stick with the No
>> Fluff Just Stuff series, thanks.
>>
>> On 5/27/05, Dmitry Serebrennikov <dm...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry, this is a bit off-topic.
>>> Is anyone else planning to go to the JavaONE conference (June
>>> 25-30 San
>>> Francisco, CA)?
>>> By the way, today is the last day to register with the "early bird"
>>> discount.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Dmitry
>>>

> Yes, the price is way too high. I'm not certain I'll get to go yet,
> but hoping.
> What's the 'No Fluff Just Stuff' thing? I guess that's just a joke.
> I would have gone to ApacheCon, but it's way too far for me this
> time around.
>
> By the way, I scanned through the sessions and didn't see one on
> Harmony yet. I saw something about Geronimo and I guess that'll be
> Geir. Maybe that one got retargetted? There are also a few
> interesting sessions on VM internals, which I'm looking forward to.

The Geronimo talk is a different talk...  I may be co-presenting on
that one..

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: JavaONE - anyone going? Last day for "early bird" reg.

Posted by Dmitry Serebrennikov <dm...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Simon Chappell <si...@gmail.com>.