Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by iqueralt <na...@hotmail.com> on 2016/11/29 19:05:47 UTC

Binding variable inside javascript code

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to bind a variable from javascript to the spark context when I
click on an object. So that I can use the variable in another Zeppelin
paragraph. I have the following code in one particular paragraph:

In another file I build the "data" variable used by /plot/. The
*node.on("click", function(d){...})* function is where I want the binding to
happen. I wanted to use z.angularBind, but this is for a scala paragraph,
right?

My question would be: How can I bind a variable (let's call it
selected_word) inside the *node.on("click", function(d){...})* function, so
that in another *scala* zeppelin paragraph I can access such variable?
The variable should contain the value *d.className* inside the function
*node.on("click", function(d){...})*.
After this, I would like to run z.angular("selected_word") in another
paragraph, and get the d.className corresponding value.

Thank you in advance for your help!