Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Mark W. Shead" <mw...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 17:37:56 UTC

Bean Edit Form Change from 5.0.10 to 5.0.11-SNAPSHOT

I have a domain object that looks something like this:

private int points;
private int possiblePoints;

float getScore() {
	return point/possiblePoints * 100;
}

[other getters and setters]

In 5.0.10  the get score didn't show up in the BeanEditForm because it
wasn't something that you could change.  In 5.0.11-SNAPSHOT it is
showing up in the beaneditform, but when you submit the form it
complains that you can't change it.

It is easy to work around.  You just add it to the remove attribute,
but I wanted to find out if this change was intentional or if I should
put it in Jira?

Mark

Re: Bean Edit Form Change from 5.0.10 to 5.0.11-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Looks like a bug to me, please add to JIRA.

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Mark W. Shead <mw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a domain object that looks something like this:
>
>  private int points;
>  private int possiblePoints;
>
>  float getScore() {
>         return point/possiblePoints * 100;
>  }
>
>  [other getters and setters]
>

>  In 5.0.10  the get score didn't show up in the BeanEditForm because it
>  wasn't something that you could change.  In 5.0.11-SNAPSHOT it is
>  showing up in the beaneditform, but when you submit the form it
>  complains that you can't change it.
>
>  It is easy to work around.  You just add it to the remove attribute,
>  but I wanted to find out if this change was intentional or if I should
>  put it in Jira?
>
>  Mark

Howard M. Lewis Ship