Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by ETsifrina <et...@chessys.com> on 2007/05/03 01:06:21 UTC

ClassCastException

We are using Velocity templates to export data from our app into a file.
We are getting the following exception on occasion, however it is not
consistently reproducible.
We have checked the data, thinking that one of the more unual characters in
the data might be responsible, but to no avail.  Perhaps someone here might
shed some light on the problem.

Here is the export template that is used:
#set ($GLExportQueueItemglSignmap = {"D":"+","C":"-"})

#foreach($templateitem in $templatecollection)
$formatter.substring($!{templateitem.Transaction.AccountIDNumber},0,16)$formatter.date($!{templateitem.Transaction.postDate},"yyyyMMdd")$formatter.date($!{templateitem.Transaction.effectiveDate},"yyyyMMdd")$formatter.substring($!{templateitem.Transaction.transactionType},0,2)$formatter.substring($!{templateitem.Transaction.debitOrCredit},0,1)$formatter.fixedWidth($formatter.currency($!{templateitem.Transaction.transAmount},2,true),16,true,0)$formatter.fixedWidth($!{templateitem.Transaction.userRef1},16)$formatter.fixedWidth($!{templateitem.Transaction.userRef2},16)$formatter.fixedWidth($!{templateitem.Transaction.userRef3},16)$formatter.fixedWidth($!{templateitem.Transaction.userRef4},16)$formatter.fixedWidth($!{templateitem.Transaction.userRef5},16)$formatter.fixedWidth($!{templateitem.Transaction.detailInfo},40)$formatter.substring($!{templateitem.GLExportQueueItem.glAccountNumber},0,40)$formatter.mapTool($GLExportQueueItemglSignmap,$!{templateitem.GLExportQueueItem.glSign})$formatter.fixedWidth($formatter.currency($!{templateitem.GLExportQueueItem.glAmount},2,true),16,true,0)$formatter.fixedWidth($!{templateitem.Transaction.tranID},16,true,0)
#end

Thanks in advance,
     Elena

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11176.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:249)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:215)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:181)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:229)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:57)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:414)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:117)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:235)
org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.evaluate(Velocity.java:287)
org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.evaluate(Velocity.java:183)

Re: ClassCastException

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Great, glad you solved this.  We've seen this issue before with other users
-- should have thought to ask.

WILL

Re: ClassCastException

Posted by ETsifrina <et...@chessys.com>.