Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Eric Gao <er...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/05 08:29:40 UTC

[ZEPPELIN-5414] set value for shell.command.timeout.millisecs

Hi,

The default threshold set for shell.command.timeout.millisecs is 60 seconds, which seems confusing. Users will find their process get killed if they take more than 60 seconds. I’m wondering whether it is a better idea to change it to unlimited?

Thanks!

Re: [ZEPPELIN-5414] set value for shell.command.timeout.millisecs

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eric, it makes sense to me to remove the timeout threshold. Actually
user can cancel shell paragraph in Zeppelin UI, so I think it makes sense
to let user to decide whether he want to cancel his shell script execution.

Eric Gao <er...@gmail.com> 于2021年7月5日周一 下午4:29写道:

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [ZEPPELIN-5414] set value for shell.command.timeout.millisecs

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang