Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/13 15:59:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Memory leak issue with ap_get_client_block()

Hi All,
I am getting a memory leak issue in Apache 2.2.8 on Red-Hat 5.0.
I tried out the following options
1)  MaxRequestPerChild settings to non zero
2)I was  allocating memory by using  apr_palloc  from the  request pool but
later I replaced to normal malloc and added a clean handler in
apr_pool_cleanup_run.

Above didn't resulted any improvements.I may be doing something major
mistake in my module any help would be highly appreciated.Just curious any
issue with the ap_get_client_block() function.I am using this function many
times so can it be a problem and what is the work around for this.
Thanks in advance.
-A

Re: [users@httpd] Memory leak issue with ap_get_client_block()

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am getting a memory leak issue in Apache 2.2.8 on Red-Hat 5.0.
> I tried out the following options
> 1)  MaxRequestPerChild settings to non zero
> 2)I was  allocating memory by using  apr_palloc  from the  request pool but
> later I replaced to normal malloc and added a clean handler in
> apr_pool_cleanup_run.
>
> Above didn't resulted any improvements.I may be doing something major
> mistake in my module any help would be highly appreciated.Just curious any
> issue with the ap_get_client_block() function.I am using this function many
> times so can it be a problem and what is the work around for this.
>  Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you'd be better off on the module developers list:
http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#modules-dev

Joshua.