Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Dhulia, Sandeep" <sa...@patni.com> on 2011/01/18 12:45:35 UTC

AFP Rendering

Hi All,

I am new to Apache AFP rendering and need your help. I am using Apache FOP to get an AFP output for printing. I am using an afp extension (no-operation) in fo file inside simple page master tag. I get the afp output  file with below structure i.e.
<BDT>(Document Start)
                 ….
                …..
                <BNG>(Named Group Start)
                                <BPG>(Page)
                                                ….
                                                ….
                                                <NOP>(This is coming at page level)
                                <EPG>(Page)
                 <ENG>(Named Group End)

<BNG>(Named Group)
                                <BPG>(Page)
                                                ….
                                                ….
                                                <NOP>(This is coming at page level)
                                <EPG>(Page)
                <ENG>(Named Group)

<EDT> (Document End)

But my client wants to see the output in below format (without BNG tag and NOP at document level)

<BDT>(Document Start)
<NOP>(for page below at document level)
 <BPG>(Page Start)
….
                ….
<EPG>(Page End)
<NOP>(for page below at document level)
<BPG>(Page Start)
                …
                ….
<EPG>(Page Start)
<EDT>  (Document End)

How can I achieve this with Apache FOP.? I appreciate all your help. I am using FOP 1.0

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep

________________________________
Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and proprietary to Patni Computer Systems Ltd and its affiliates (hitherto referred as Patni Computers) and is intended for use only by the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient , you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify the originator or netadmin@patni.com. Patni Computers does not enter into any agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect the view of Patni Computers. Patni Computers is not responsible for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided, through this email. The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer system. While Patni Computers has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. To know more about Patni Computers please visit www.patni.com.

Re: AFP Rendering

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 05 Feb 2011, at 19:57, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

... and for the sake of completeness, here's a quick link to download the latest XGC binary from FOP's trunk:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/lib/xmlgraphics-commons-1.5svn.jar?view=co

Regards

Andreas
---

Re: AFP Rendering

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.

Re: AFP Rendering

Posted by Sandeep Dhulia <sd...@gmail.com>.
I downloaded the nightly build, but I get following error when I run my
solution with it

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xmlgraphics.util.Service.providerNames(Ljava/lang/Class;)Ljava/util/Iterator

Am I missing anything here?

BR,
Sandeep

Re: AFP Rendering