Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Zoltan Ivanfi <zi...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2018/11/23 13:37:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Parquet 1.11.0 RC1

Dear Parquet Users and Developers,

I propose the following RC to be released as the official Apache
Parquet 1.11.0 release:

The commit id is 10e63437cd69a8bb98edf30f5b299ab9b1a98fe7
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-parquet-1.11.0
* https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/tree/10e63437cd69a8bb98edf30f5b299ab9b1a98fe7

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/apache-parquet-1.11.0-rc1/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/KEYS

Binary artifacts are staged in Nexus here:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/parquet/parquet/1.11.0/

This release includes many bug fixes and the following new features:

- PARQUET-1201 - Column indexes
- PARQUET-1253 - Support for new logical type representation
- PARQUET-1381 - Add merge blocks command to parquet-tools
- PARQUET-1388 - Nanosecond precision time and timestamp - parquet-mr

Please download, verify, and test. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,

Zoltan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet 1.11.0 RC1

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
-0

This release includes substantial changes (page skipping) that I haven't
had time to review in detail. I can't confidently vote for a release
without taking the time to sanity check at least the tests for it.

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet 1.11.0 RC1

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
I can have a look today.

Posted by Zoltan Ivanfi <zi...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi,