Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by # Lalit Nagpal # <la...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/28 10:54:35 UTC

Compilation on different platforms

Hello-

I just wanted to know if activemq-cpp has been built on different platforms
like solaris/ linux ...
I did the build using maven-mojo native plugin on winxp and so far so good
.. everything seems to work

The pom.xml files however are given in 2 folders - 1 is unix and 1 is
windows ...
Because it says Unix I do not know whether it would work on the Linux
flavors or Solaris.

Does it successfully build and run on all platforms like Linux/ Solaris /
Windows ...
I could have tried this out but do not have access to all platforms as of
now so seeking help.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thank you

Lalit Nagpal

RE: Compilation on different platforms

Posted by # Lalit Nagpal # <la...@gmail.com>.
Tim-

So sorry, but I had updated this reply of mine requesting you to please
apply the patch for solaris.
Wanted to take that on priority, spoke to my team and we really need to go
quick on solaris.

Can you please apply the patch, would b a great favor.

Thanks

Lalit Nagpal

Posted by # Lalit Nagpal # <la...@gmail.com>.
Tim-

It would b wonderful if you apply the patches for solaris on priority ...
just spoke to my team and I think I would need this earlier. Can you help me
by applying this patch quickly.

Thank you so much

Lalit Nagpal

Posted by # Lalit Nagpal # <la...@gmail.com>.

Hi Tim-

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@twcny.rr.com>.

> Hello-
>
> I just wanted to know if activemq-cpp has been built on different
> platforms
> like solaris/ linux ...

We are using this on a couple variations of Linux, mostly Fedora and Ubuntu.
We are also able to build and run tests on Solaris 10 machines using gcc.
I've got a couple patches to apply still for getting it to compile on
Solaris with the Forte compiler.  I believe James built it on Mac OS/X as
well, but I don't know how much testing has been done there, I don't
currently have access to a Mac.  I'm also using it on a Win XP machine,
using the VC 2005 compiler, and I think you are using VC2003 right?  I've
tried building it on Windows with Cygwin. But something in cygwin's winsock
libraries seems to cause the sockets to drop for some reason.  It will build
and run if you use MinGW instead of Cygwin's gcc.

So its been used on several different platforms so far, but I would love to