Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by johper <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/27 13:54:34 UTC

FTPSender and FTPClientPool

Hi,

We use LW-SA FTPSender and FTPClientPool...getting :

220  NcFTPd Server (licensed copy) ready.
500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type

>From command line on Linux we can come around this with "ftp -u" flag...but
is it possible to do so on ServiceMix?

Re: FTPSender and FTPClientPool

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
There is no autoLogin mode afaik.
You have to specify the login user / password and the component
will issue a login command to the ftp server.
I don't see how servicemix would use Kerberos to authenticate
on the ftp server ...
Could you raise the log level to DEBUG for org.apache.commons.net,
maybe you will have more informations on the commands sent.*
*
On 3/27/07, johper <ka...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Anonymous is off on FTP server I need to logon with my own userid/pwd but
> before doing so the FTP server thinks there is an anonymous login..."-u"
> as
> I understand is "autoLogin=false". Is there an option to "autoLogin=false"
> from FTPClient ServiceMix??

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Architect, LogicBlaze (http://www.logicblaze.com/)
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: FTPSender and FTPClientPool

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If I understand, you need to log on anonymously,
which is not supported by the lightweight component it seems.
Try editing the FTPClientPool and remove the ftp.login()
call on line 124 maybe ...
I think it should be disabled.  Feel free to raise a JIRA and attach
a patch if you find a way to make it work ...

On 3/27/07, johper <ka...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ============= 1================
> regular linux command line "ftp " gave this:
> ftp> open
> (to) 10.150.2.4
> Connected to 10.150.2.4.
> 220  NcFTPd Server (licensed copy) ready.
> 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
> 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
> KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
> Name (10.150.2.4:jboss):
> ===============2============
> I tried commline with "ftp -u" and it worked..
>
> -u     Restrains ftp from attempting auto-authentication upon ini-
>               tial   connection.   If  auto-authentication  is  enabled,
> ftp
>               attempts to authenticate to the FTP server by sending the
> AUTH
>               command,  using whichever authentication types are locally
> sup-
>               ported.  Once an authentication type is accepted, an
> authenti-
>               cation  protocol  will  proceed by issuing ADAT commands.
> This
>               option also disables auto-login.
> =============3=============
> Now I need to run ServiceMix FTPClient LW-comp with the "-u" flag, and
> dont
> know how to configure that?
>
> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > Could you provide more informations please ?
> > I don't have any -u flag in my command line ftp client.
> > What does it mean ?
> >
> > On 3/27/07, johper <ka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We use LW-SA FTPSender and FTPClientPool...getting :
> >>
> >> 220  NcFTPd Server (licensed copy) ready.
> >> 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
> >> 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
> >> KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
> >>
> >> From command line on Linux we can come around this with "ftp -u"
> >> flag...but
> >> is it possible to do so on ServiceMix?
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by johper <ka...@hotmail.com>.

============= 1================

Posted by johper <ka...@hotmail.com>.
============= 1================
regular linux command line "ftp " gave this:
ftp> open
(to) 127.0.0.1
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
220  NcFTPd Server (licensed copy) ready.
500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
Name (127.0.0.1:user):

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.