Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Zoltan Ivanfi <zi...@cloudera.com> on 2016/09/22 16:53:11 UTC

Is there any mechanism for configurable behavior in Impala FE?

Dear Impala Developers,

I have noticed that settings specified using Impala's SET statement
<http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/impala_set.html>
seem to be only available from BE code. What should I use instead if I
would like to have configurable behavior in the FE code? It doesn't really
matter whether it is session-scoped or persistent or whether it is
interactive or stored in a config file.

Thanks,

Zoltan

Re: Is there any mechanism for configurable behavior in Impala FE?

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>.
Query options are available in the frontend. See, for example:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-impala/blob/master/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/planner/PlannerContext.java#L82

which gets them from the context passed in at:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-impala/blob/master/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/service/Frontend.java#L913

--
Henry Robinson
Software Engineer