Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net> on 2003/05/03 23:59:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Multiple ScriptAlias'

The following is the relevant bits of a config file for for one of my
vhosts. I'm trying to just use one guestbook, store, and message board
across four sub-domains w/o linking back to the top level domain (the
one served from /www/rpgcn/). I figured I could alias or scriptalias the
directories or files as needed, but no setup (whether I leave the file
name on or not, whether I Alias or ScriptAlias or not) seems to work. Am
I doing something wrong?

  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/yabb/ /www/rpgcn/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi
  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/mbookv20/ /www/rpgcn/cgi-bin/mbookv20/guestbook.cgi
  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/web_store/ /www/rpgcn/cgi-bin/web_store/web_store.cgi

RE: [users@httpd] Multiple ScriptAlias'

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/yabb /www/rpgcn/cgi-bin/yabb
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/mbookv20 /www/rpgcn/cgi-bin/mbookv20
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/web_store /www/rpgcn/cgi-bin/web_store
That should do the job.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Jeff@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

Posted by Mac Serve <ma...@ns.sympatico.ca>.
THat would be another option, yes, but I find it much more simple to
dump everything in the one cgi-bin, but as Joseph said, he is a
"serious organization freak" haha. So that may be a better way to go
for you.

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple ScriptAlias'

Posted by "Jack L. Stone" <ja...@sage-one.net>.
At 05:30 PM 5.3.2003 -0500, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
>Mac Serve wrote:
>> Can't you put your CGI files for your vhost in the main CGI-bin? Thats
>> what I do. Then the URL is as follows:
>> http://myvhost.com/cgi-bin/cgi.script. Am I misinterpreting you? :-)
>
>Here is my directory structure
>
>/www is main server root
>/www/rpgcn serves up http://rpgcn.homelinux.org
>/www/dream-worlds/ serves up as http://dream-worlds.rpgcn.homelinux.org

This works for me for multiple cgi-bin:
mainhost: ../www/cgi-bin
vhost1 ../www/vhost1/cgi-bin
vhost2 ../www/vhost2/cgi-bin
...etc, etc...

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net
http://www.sage-one.net
jackstone@sage-one.net

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple ScriptAlias'

Posted by Chris Taylor <ch...@x-bb.org>.

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple ScriptAlias'

Posted by Mac Serve <ma...@ns.sympatico.ca>.
Haha, no problem.

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple ScriptAlias'

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
Mac Serve wrote:
> See, on mine, I just have one central  cgi-bin set up... for allllll of
> my sites...

I thought about doing that, but I'm a serious organization freak. I
guess it's time to re-look at my organization.

Thanks for the help.

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple ScriptAlias'

Posted by Mac Serve <ma...@ns.sympatico.ca>.

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
Mac Serve wrote:
> Can't you put your CGI files for your vhost in the main CGI-bin? Thats
> what I do. Then the URL is as follows:
> http://myvhost.com/cgi-bin/cgi.script. Am I misinterpreting you? :-)

Here is my directory structure

/www is main server root
/www/rpgcn serves up http://rpgcn.homelinux.org
/www/dream-worlds/ serves up as http://dream-worlds.rpgcn.homelinux.org

/www/rpgcn/cgi-bin/ contains all the cgi files I want served up across
dream-worlds.rpgcn.homelinux.org, illusions-gate.rpgcn.homelinux.org,
megaveresal-dispatch.rpgcn.homelinux.org, and
mystics-corner.rpgcn.homelinux.org EXCEPT for the stat tracker I'm
using. That is one of the two cgi scripts I'm serving. The other is a
random excuse server based on the bofh script.

My scriptalias' were so I wouldn't have to have all the files for the
forums, web shop, and guestbook in 5 different locations (taking up 5
times the disk space).

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple ScriptAlias'

Posted by Mac Serve <ma...@ns.sympatico.ca>.

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
Mac Serve wrote:
> I dunno old chap i Dunno... I dont think you're doing that shit right man.
<snip>

Where am I going wrong then? I already have a normal cgi-bin
ScriptAliased for the vhost, should I just ScriptAlias all relevant
vhosts to the /www/rpgcn/cgi-bin/?

e.g., for this particular one the normal cgi-bin is:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /www/dream-worlds/cgi-bin/

Should I change that to

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /www/rpgcn/cgi-bin/

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple ScriptAlias'

Posted by Mac Serve <ma...@ns.sympatico.ca>.