Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2007/07/11 10:23:05 UTC

Tika report due TODAY, here's my draft

I'll add this to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2007 this
afternoon (in about 6 hours), please yell if something's wrong or
missing.

<report>
Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured
text content from various documents using existing parser
libraries.Tika entered incubation on March 22nd, 2007.

Community

The Tika mailing list has seen increased activity in the last weeks,
with some new people showing interest for Tika's goals.

Grant Ingersoll brought the Aperture framework to our attention
(http://aperture.sourceforge.net/), which has similar goals to Tika.
We will look at possible synergies.

Development

No code has been committed since our last report, but some initial
code is ready in JIRA and should be committed soon.

Issues before graduation

No changes since our last report: the Tika project is still at an
early stage of incubation. We need to continue bringing in the initial
codebases and probably target for an initial incubating release later
this year. We also need to work on growing the community and figuring
out how to best interact with external parser projects.
</report>

Re: Tika report due TODAY, here's my draft

Posted by Rida Benjelloun <ri...@doculibre.com>.
Hi,
Looks good to me, thanks.
Best regards.
Rida Benjelloun.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 7/11/07, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'll add this to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2007 this
> afternoon (in about 6 hours), please yell if something's wrong or
> missing.

Looks good, thanks.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Tika report due TODAY, here's my draft

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On 7/11/07, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'll add this to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2007 this
> afternoon...

Done, including Thilo's suggestion.
Thanks for the feedback.

-Bertrand

Re: Tika report due TODAY, here's my draft

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Bertrand,

I would suggest to replace "various documents" with "various
document formats".  Other than that, looks fine to me.

--Thilo