Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rey Francois <Fr...@capco.com> on 2001/07/30 14:16:22 UTC

New release of the Mapper framework

A new release of the Mapper framework is available on Ted Husted's site on
http://husted.com/about/struts/resources.htm. The Mapper framework can be
used for automating the process of validating/converting/transferring data
fields. Although the framework is independent from Struts itself, it can
easily be integrated in order to validate ActionForm beans. See the
following posting on this topic:
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg02129.html.

In this new release:
 - documentation in the form of javadoc (start by the mapper package
javadoc). More documentation is still needed, notably on the validation rule
language itself, but that would be for a later release. Let me know if you
have any questions in the meantime.
 - simplified XML config file (new elements: declarations, rules; deleted
elements: nested-mapper)
 - nested mappers are now handled within the rules instead of a special XML
tag
 - ability to load multiple config files

There is still an impressive list of further development that could be done,
see the 'todo.xml' file. I hope I will get a chance to do most of them in
the near future (but if any of you is interested to participate...)

Questions/feedback: mailto:francois.rey@capco.com

Fr.

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
the views of Capco.

http://www.capco.com