Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org> on 2016/10/05 12:01:15 UTC

Accumulo Hackathon @ Accumulo Summit 2016

Hi All,

We will once again have the opportunity to hold a Hackathon at this year's
Accumulo Summit.

Clearedge has arranged to provide some space and audiovisial equipment in
Salon B of the Mariott Conference center from 6pm to 11pm on October 11th,
2016. They have also generously offered 10 free passes to the Accumulo
Summit for those that register for the Hackathon.

To keep track of how many folks to expect, I've created a registration page
at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/accumulo-hackathon-accumulo-summit-2016-tickets-28381920087

Please spread the word, all are welcome!

If there are particular JIRA tickets we propose for folks looking do work
during the Hackathon, perhaps we can tag them 'hackathon2016'.

Christopher Tubbs suggested that a key signing party would be of interest
to folks attending the Accumulo Summit / Hackathon. I'm happy to facilitate
this. If you are interested in participating send me your public key, and
I'll put them in a form that will help make this happen.

Keith Turner suggested we might have breakouts that walk folks through
different aspects of Accumulo and was interested in leading a tour of Fluo.
If there are other folks that are interested in doing something similar,
let me know.

As always, I seek to keep the event organic, evolving as needed based on
the desires of the attendees.

See you at the Accumulo Summit!

Drew

Re: Accumulo Hackathon @ Accumulo Summit 2016

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org>.
Also, for those twitterers out there, feel free to like/retweet:
https://twitter.com/drewfarris/status/783640077813575680

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org>.