Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Lm Chew <lm...@free2move.se> on 2017/02/20 11:37:25 UTC

Resources Reserved for Mynewt

[https://tr.cloudmagic.com/h/v6/emailtag/tag/1487590625/e07327a00ce48c6feaf5c6318fd5666d/98148963e301c00d168ac75868cda51d/922b3d0cc2cdb8f9bb0eaaeb1a0d8dbc/7d73f5719844943a877cfefbca240ecc/newton.gif]

Hi,

Is there a document that list the resource reserved for Mynewt and what resources free/safe for us to use on the Nrf52?

eg.
What PPI channels is utilized by mynewt?
What Timer used by mynewt?
What Software Interrupt is used by mynewt?

Best Regards,
Chew

Re: Resources Reserved for Mynewt

Posted by will sanfilippo <wi...@runtime.io>.
I dont think a document exists which details all of the used resources. Obviously, it is based on the packages that are used in your application. Some general information:

OS uses TIMER1 or RTC1 (for os time)
Nimble stack uses TIMER0 for high resolution timer.
Nimble stack uses a number of the pre-programmed radio PPI.
Nimble stack uses the radio peripheral.

Other packages may use other interrupts (uart interrupts, spi, i2c, etc). Not sure what other PPI may be used.

Let us know if you have further questions. Should be fairly easy to determine which resources are used by which packages by searching the codebase.