Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by gu...@kbc.be on 2007/04/24 12:36:14 UTC

Webserver after webseal

Hello,

My Tomcat webserver will be placed after the WebSeal.  The users on the
workstations will authenticate on the WebSeal and will then have the
possibility to open a web application on the Tomcat server.

I want to configure my web application so that the login is done
automatically with the same user id as the login on the WebSeal (the userid
is forwarded inot the HTTP-header).  Furthermore I want to have the web
application to authorize the user via an LDAP server to retrieve a certain
role for the web application.

How must the configuration be done in the server.xml and web.xml ?

Best regards,

Guido Annaert

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may contain
information which is protected by intellectual property rights. If you
are not the addressee named above any disclosure, reproduction, copying,
distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
This e-mail does not contain any professional advice and does not
constitute an offer regarding any financial, banking, insurance or other
product service toward the addressee. If you like to obtain specific
information, professional advice, an offer, or want to contract you have
to contact the KBC company mentioned above, its branch or agent.
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not
message, and shall have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by
the user,  which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.