Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Th...@posten.se on 2008/05/19 09:00:19 UTC

Response SOAP Header

 Hi there...

	I am desperately trying to modify my response SOAP headers using Axis2.
	I have managed to extract the headers from the inbound data, but I cannot figure out how to get the outbound.

	The messagecontext (out) doesn't have any envelope, and creating one by hand doesn't result in anything...

	MessageContext mc = MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext();

	OperationContext operationContext = mc.getOperationContext();

	MessageContext outMessageContext = operationContext.getMessageContext(WSDLConstants.MESSAGE_LABEL_OUT_VALUE);

	Some sample of how to extract the data on the client side would be nice as well, I'm using a wrapper client, but the WSDL does not contain
	the SOAP header declerations.

	BR
	Thomas Vennström

SV: Response SOAP Header

Posted by Th...@posten.se.
Thanx for your response...

I tried implementing AbstractHandler, writing a separate module won't fit our bill, so I tried implementing
The AbstractHandler interface in my ws class and adding a new phase in axis2.xml.
Axis2 can't find my class and the only thing I end up with is a "500" response (the service isn't even invoced anymore).

I don't think I can be arsed with this any more and I am thinking about downgrading to Axis1 (which did the job before).

You really gotta have a look at this as SOAP handling is fundamental to all ws development and shouldn't really have to be
this complex. And the sample source code might need an overhaul as well...

BR
Thomas

Some time back we proposed to changing the Axis2 message receiver's in such a way that the response SOAP Envelope is created and attached to the response MessageContext before calling the service implementation.. I'm can't remember whether we did it or not.. Wat's the Axis2 version r u using?

If adding headers to response envelope does not make them appear in the response message, then probably we have not done the above change or you are using some other message receiver.. One thing you can do is to write a Axis2 handler to change the outgoing message  [1]. Another way is to write your own message receiver..

thanks,
Thilina

[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_4/modules.html

--