Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/09 17:31:39 UTC

Remove 'md5Hashed' variable from Javascript

Hello fellow CloudStackers,

Today I was working on CLOUDSTACK-5235, which is a security issue, and I
noticed a variable ‘md5Hashed’ in the javascript that does not seem to be
useful at all. This variable was used to control if we hash or not the
password of users in the user side (browser). However, we no longer hash
the password on the user side. All of the password processing is executed
in the server side according to the priority of hashing mechanism defined
by the administrator.

I am addressing this cleanup with this PR
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2555.

If you have any objections regarding this variable and its relate code
removal, please do so. Otherwise, we will proceed to remove it.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Remove 'md5Hashed' variable from Javascript

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

--
Rafael Weingärtner

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: Remove 'md5Hashed' variable from Javascript

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

--
Rafael Weingärtner

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: Remove 'md5Hashed' variable from Javascript

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello folks,

Posted by Nitin Maharana <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 11:01 PM, Rafael Weingärtner <

Posted by Nitin Maharana <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello folks,