Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/10 05:48:28 UTC

Any restrictions on consumer group name?

We are using 0.9.0.1 of Kafka server and (Java) clients. Our (Java)
consumers are assigned to dynamic runtime generated groups i.e. the
consumer group name is generated dynamically at runtime, using some
application specific logic. I have been looking at the docs but haven't
yet found anything that says if there is any restriction in the length
and/or characters that make up the consumer group name. Can anyone
confirm or point me to a doc which states whether or not there any
restrictions on it?

-Jaikiran

Re: Any restrictions on consumer group name?

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.
Adding the Kafka dev list to cc, hoping they would answer this question.

-Jaikiran

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.