Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> on 2006/03/27 22:11:35 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Mailing Lists for "ADF Faces" Incubator Podling

Good news!  There are now four email lists that will be specifically focused
on the ADF Faces component contribution to Apache!  You can use the
subscription links below to subscribe yourselves to the corresponding lists.

ADF Faces User List -- this is the place to ask questions about using the
ADF Faces components that are currently in incubation:

    <adffaces-user-subscribe@incubator.apache.org >

ADF Faces Developer List -- subscribe here to discuss the technical
evolution of the ADF Faces components into the MyFaces community, and to
talk about how we should deal with particular bugs and enhancement requests.

    <ad...@incubator.apache.org>

ADF Faces Commit Reports -- subscribe here to receive an email for each
commit to the ADF Faces source code repository.  All developers actively
working on the ADF Faces components SHOULD (if it were up to me alone I
would say MUST :-) subscribe to this list.

    <ad...@incubator.apache.org>

ADF Faces JIRA Issues -- subscribe here to receive an email each time a JIRA
issue is created, or modified, for the ADF Faces components project.
All developers actively working on the ADF Faces components SHOULD (if it
were up to me alone I would say MUST :-) subscribe to this list.

    <ad...@incubator.apache.org>

In the near future, we'll see the creation of the Subversion repository for
these components, to which the initial contribution will be checked in.
>From the initial checkin until the graduation of this Incubator project, all
updates to the ADF Faces component source code will be done here.

It should be noted that these mailing lists are likely to have a fairly
short lifetime.  Upon graduation (technically an "if" but I am an optimist
:-), the intended destination of these components is to become part of the
MyFaces project ( http://myfaces.apache.org), and we will migrate to the
standard MyFaces project mailing lists and source repository.  But this is
where the initial steps will be taken.  Be sure to subscribe so you can tell
your grandchildren that you were in at the very start of this :-).

Craig McClanahan
Mentor, ADF Faces Incubator Podling

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Mailing Lists for "ADF Faces" Incubator Podling

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 3/27/06, Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
> That was me, acting as moderator.  Wierd ... I responded in the text with
> the fact that you sent to the list, instead of to the subscribe addresses,
> but that doesn't show in the quoted text below.

Yes, there was no text in the rejection message which was what made me
think it was computer-moderated rather than human-moderated.   That is
weird.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Mailing Lists for "ADF Faces" Incubator Podling

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 3/27/06, Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Craig,
>
> The issues and commits mailing lists are bouncing my subscription
> requests.  The user and dev subscriptions worked fine, however.

That was me, acting as moderator.  Wierd ... I responded in the text with
the fact that you sent to the list, instead of to the subscribe addresses,
but that doesn't show in the quoted text below.

At any rate, you need to send to the following addresses to subscribe to
these lists:

    adffaces-issues-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

    adffaces-commits-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

And of course you did that because you clicked the botched links in the
original announcement.  Oops :-(.

Craig

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.
Mike,

just wrote you an email. Try it again, issues and commits lists should work.

Thomas

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Mailing Lists for "ADF Faces" Incubator Podling

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
thanks Craig!

@Mike, Thomas: It's a tower of Babel, this world

;)