Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Malka Cymbalista <Ma...@weizmann.ac.il> on 2004/01/19 14:14:52 UTC

Re: running 2 versions of apache and mod perl on the same machine

Thank you very much.  We have successfully installed Apache 2 and
modperl 2 as well as apache 1.3 and modperl1 on the same machine using
the same perl library.  thanks to all who gave their help.

Malki Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
Rehovot, Israel 76100
Internet: Malki.Cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il
08-934-3036

Malka Cymbalista wrote:
> I am trying to run 2 versions of Apache and mod_perl  - Apache 1.3
with
> modperl 1 and Apache 2 with modperl 2 - on the same machine on 2
> different ports.  I first installed apache 2 with mod perl 2.  Then
> went to compile and install Apache 1.3 and mod perl 1.  Doing this
> apparently overwrote some of the modules in my perl library.  The
> modules that were overwritten are in the directories
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/sun4-solaris/auto/Apache
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/sun4-solaris/mod*
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/sun4-solaris/Apache/
> After I did the Apache 1-modperl 1 installation, things that
previously
> worked in apache 2-modperl , stopped working.  Does this mean that I
> need 2 different perl libraries? How does one do that?  BTW, we are
> running perl 5.8.1.
> Thanks for any information.

There is no problem to have both mp generations under the same perl
lib, you
need to build mod_perl 2.0 with MP_INST_APACHE2=1.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#MP_INST_APACHE2

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Configuring_mod_perl

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#Accessing_the_mod_perl_2_0_Modules