Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Kaiser, Hans" <r_...@gmx.de> on 2004/08/12 18:09:11 UTC

Clustering with OJB

Hello list,

is it possible to use OJB in a cluster?
We want to use OJB in a Websphere cluster.

What are the pitfalls? I think it should be the caching?
Are any other pitfalls which have to be checked?

Best regards,
Hans

Re: Clustering with OJB

Posted by Jason McKerr <ja...@osuosl.org>.
Yes you can do clustering with OJB.  There are two implementations of
distributed caching.  The distribution does not consider distributed
transactions, but does utilize optimistic locking to prevent problems.

The only pitfall is that I haven't yet fully tested the Java level
locking manager.

Please refer here for more:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/howtos/howto-work-with-clustering.html

Jason