Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jon Wynacht <jo...@objectevolution.com> on 2006/12/13 22:37:37 UTC

Application Modules

Hi,

I am implementing modules in my application and I want to know the
best way to do that in terms of how I want the application to behave.
This may or may not be possible but bear with me...

My application is a calendaring system for a specific audience. The
default application affords calendars for individual users. I have a
configured module called "group" which will afford one calendar to a
particular group of people.

To get to a group calendar you used to click a link like this:

http://localhost:8080/calendar/CoachGroupCalendar.do?id=1

but after I configured my app with the "group" module you access it
like this:

http://localhost:8080/calendar/toGroup.do?prefix=/group&page=/
CoachGroupCalendar.do?id=1

Now within the result of that link is a calendar where a user can add
various items to a day in a calendar. For each url now, it looks like
i have to do this:

http://localhost:8080/calendar/toGroup.do?prefix=/group&page=/
SOME_PAGE_OR_ACTION_IN_MODULE

Didn't Struts used to have the capability of saying something like this:

http://localhost:8080/calendar/group/CoachGroupCalendar.do?id=1

I tried this:

html:link>

and got an exceptions saying there was no action config found for the
specified URL. However, I have this in my "group" module config:

<action path="/group/CoachGroupCalendar"
type="com.eq.group.action.CoachGroupCalendarAction" scope="request"
validate="false">
			<forward name="SUCCESS" path="/coach_group_calendar.jsp"
redirect="false" />
			<forward name="FAILURE" path="/index.jsp" redirect="true" />
		</action>

Any help or advice is appreciated. Heckles and jeers are too!

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Wynacht
jon@objectevolution.com