Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/21 19:58:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] Making the Arrow 0.14 release, outstanding items

hi folks,

It seems like we are on the home stretch for the 0.14 release as we
have been working intensely to stabilize builds and packaging jobs
this week and last

See status page at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Arrow+0.14.0+Release

I note that there are 64 open issues still, not all of which are
absolutely necessary to be able to release. If you are a stakeholder
in any component of the project, can you please:

* Remove any issue from the 0.14.0 fix version that you are certain
will not be resolved in the next week or less
* Set to Blocker any issue that you believe must be fixed before releasing
* Adding any Blocker issues to the 0.14 Fix Version if not there already

In theory we could cut a release candidate sometime next week, or in
the worst case scenario the week of July 1.

If there's anything else that you'd like to discuss on this please
chime in here.

Thanks
Wes

Re: [DISCUSS] Making the Arrow 0.14 release, outstanding items

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Hi,

Binary artifacts are built. I'm uploading them to Bintray
but I reach Bintray's API limit...

https://bintray.com/docs/api/#_limits says

> Limits only apply to resources that do not belong to a
> user or to the organization the user is part of.

So I request to join https://bintray.com/apache organization
to avoid API limit.

I'm waiting for response from https://bintray.com/apache
organization.

kou

In <20...@clear-code.com>

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
I've made some more additions and edits in

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ljkW5tBh7cDfPRg_z6YY-1cbXfXxpfpRUlSatbV8128/edit#

If anyone would like to fill in some additional information, I can
convert it to Markdown when the time comes next week to publish on the
website

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi Kou,

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Hi Krisztián,

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
We can merge pull request that doesn't change pom.xml for
0.14.0 until I finished ARROW-4301 and ARROW-5695.

In <20...@clear-code.com>
  "Re: [DISCUSS] Making the Arrow 0.14 release, outstanding items" on Fri, 28 Jun 2019 13:40:59 +0900 (JST),

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.