Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 15:14:52 UTC

Neat Article on Comparison of Web Service Stacks....

Folks,

Worth checking this out:

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/439687.htm

...discusses Axis2 and XFire and their relative performance...

Yours,  Mike.

Re: Neat Article on Comparison of Web Service Stacks....

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi guys,

JiBX *does* support working with XMLStreamReader/Writer. It looks like
the online documentation is still back at version 1.0 so I can't link
directly (I'll fix that for the upcoming release), but if you look in
the distribution docs you'll see org.jibx.runtime.impl.StAXReaderFactory
and StAXReaderWrapper used for unmarshalling, and StAXWriter used for
marshalling. These are implementations of the common IXMLReader/Writer
interface used by JiBX.

There are also
org.jibx.extras.DomElementMapper/DomFragmentMapper/DomListMapper classes
in the extras section. These are used for converting portions of a
document to and from DOM, but could be the basis for doing
IXMLReader/Writer implementations if you preferred to go the DOM route.

Thanks for the pointer to the comparison article. I've got my own
performance comparison coming out within the next month, but hadn't seen
that one.

Cheers,

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski