Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/07/24 17:20:08 UTC

[Morphos] Mailing List Madness ( was Re: [Morphos] Starting the code :-)

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

>>> I would suggest a seperate mailing list for this, perhaps on krysalis
>>> in addition to the commons mailing list, as there is no way in hell
>>> I'm subscribing to the commons mailing list ever again because the
>>> volume is soooooo great that it would triple my current email volume
>>> and probably bring my ISPs flaky email server down anyhow!
>>> Others probably feel similar.
>>

>> Andy, the discussion has been going on already on that list, so I
>> would really like to continue there.
>> I promise that I will make the mails prepended with [Morphos], so you
>> can filter them.
>

> Dude, you don't understand.  I'm only getting like 50% of my emails, in
> part due to the amount of traffic I get.  I physically cannot subscribe
> to commons.  If I do that I'd pretty much never get any mail from
> anywhere else. The traffic on Commons is REDICULOUS.  There's no way we
> can split it?  I mean I just can't.
>
> I tried to help my LUG get a SMTP server set up but they're all a bunch
> of Sysadmin types who are trying to set up a "REALLY COOL" SMTP server
> (still trying after 6 months) rather than a functional one in the near
> future!
>
> I intend to set up my own SMTP server on my server, but it won't be in
> the near future.
>
> Regardless, I know a couple other people (of your acquantenance) who
> might help out if the list were seperate.
>
> Hell we created a list for cocoon-doc....

It's a political issue.
Technically it's not a problem, but other possible committers to Morphos
were against anything not discussed on Commons...

I'll CC you directly for the mails, and other users that don't want to
go on Commons-dev will read the archives I guess.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -