Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by reena upadhyay <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/31 07:56:24 UTC

way to add custom udf jar in hadoop 2.x version

Hi,

I am using hadoop 2.4.0 version. I have created custom udf jar. I am trying
to execute a simple select udf query using java hive jdbc client program.
When hive execute the query using map reduce job, then the query execution
get fails because the mapper is not able to locate the udf class.
So I wanted to add the udf jar in hadoop environment permanently. Please
suggest me a way to add this external jar for single node and multi node
hadoop cluster.

PS: I am using hive 0.13.1 version and I already have this custom udf jar
added in HIVE_HOME/lib directory.

Thanks

Re: way to add custom udf jar in hadoop 2.x version

Posted by Binglin Chang <de...@gmail.com>.
On hiveserver machine, create a dir: HIVE_HOME/auxlib , and add all extend
jars here, when hiveserver2 starts, it will automatically pick up all jars
in this directory and set hive.aux.jars.path properly.
So every new session will first add those jars automatically, you don't
need to add those jars either.

Posted by Binglin Chang <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Binglin Chang <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Binglin Chang <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Pivovarov <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Thanks for the pointer.
This seems to work for functions. Is there something similar for CREATE
EXTERNAL TABLE ??

Niels

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Thanks for the pointer.